A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
You play as a sentient volcano expanding your island into the vast ocean, while defending against greedy pirates that hunger for the treasure buried deep below you.
Made in 72 hours for the Ludum Dare 34 Jam.
Downloads at bottom of page
- Sublime Text 3
- Left mouse: Erupt, Right mouse: Grow
- Middle mouse button: move camera
- Expand your island
- Grow forests to produce Life Power
- Upgrade your volcano (by placing adjacent mountains) to produce Lava
- Pirates will periodically attack, with the goal of escaping with the treasure buried beneath your volcano
- Shoot the pirates with lava at the beginning
- Build up mountains and jungles to funnel and defeat invading pirates
- Once it is dug up, the pirates will try to escape with the treasure - but you can still delay them
- Survive for as many turns as possible AND
- Have fun (I hope)
- Game balance may be completely off, I don't know. I haven't had enough time to test it properly (I barely "completed" the game in time).
- There are sound and music buttons in game, but no actual audio. I didn't have time to implement any.
If I continue to work on this game, which I probably will at some point:
- Game balancing
- More ways to defeat pirates
- Multiple pirate units (E.G. Pirate Bosses, flying steampunk pirates?)
- Visual connection of tiles (E.G. mountains forming together instead of just repeating)
- In-game tutorial
- Only being able to expand from existing ground tiles
- Actual models for pirate units
- Saving/loading games
- Smarter pirates (or dumber depending of difficulty)
- A way to remove mountains
- Larger maps
- A better title
- Procedural generation
- Music and sound effects
- Fixed units pathing across mountains when they shouldn't
- Fixed infinite ensnaring of treasure-carrying units
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.